Coronavirus Update (2.26.2020)
Dear Life School Family,
As reports of the Coronavirus or COVID-19 continue to make headlines, we wanted to make sure that our Life School community is aware of the risks and recommendations from health organizations like the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). While health officials currently deem the risk of local transmission of the Coronavirus to be very low, the CDC did advise yesterday that people should be prepared for more spread of the disease in the United States. There are no cancellations or closures at this time.
Out of precaution and in an effort to continue to fight illnesses, such as the seasonal flu, we’ve added an additional weekly sanitizing step to the existing cleaning routine and have enhanced our communication procedure with cleaning staff. As always, we continue to monitor the situation and information from the CDC and our local health organizations in the event we need to enact any further precautions.
Here are several helpful links to information about Coronavirus from local, state, national, and international health organizations:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus | Home
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus
- Dallas County Health and Human Services: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-CoV)
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
As you are aware, especially during our winter months, flu and other common respiratory illnesses are also circulating. Health officials recommend that everyone follow basic prevention guidelines, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Keeping a sick child at home prevents the spread of illness in the school community and allows the child the opportunity to rest and recover. Please refer to our Student-Parent Handbook for our guidelines on health attendance.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please know that you can reach out to your campus staff at any time. The health and safety of our students, staff and families remain our top priority.
Life School Communications Team